Lightning is a natural physical phenomenon that has a significant impact on socioeconomics. Lightning has the potential to kill people, damage property, electronic equipment, and delay daily operations. Almost every rainy season, there are many deaths and construction projects abandoned due to lightning. Therefore, the work of preventing lightning and avoiding lightning-related damage is propagated and deployed by the government and people to achieve the best effect.
Some common ways to avoid being struck by lightning:
Thunderstorms often occur when it rains. Therefore, when the weather begins to change or there are signs of rain, it is not advisable to continue working in the wilderness, especially on high mounds, but to seek shelter. When moving, do not carry metal tools and items such as hoes, shovels, knives, machetes, etc. on your shoulders.
– Do not take shelter under the canopy of old trees, dry trees that conduct electricity, or tall trees because lightning often strikes higher objects than other objects in the same area.
– Some houses in the countryside have the habit of erecting very tall television antenna masts. This is one of the conductors that cause lightning to strike and transmit electricity very quickly. When there is a thunderstorm, the best way is to make a reversing circuit breaker to bring the signal from the antenna to the ground, or to design and install a lightning rod to ensure the safety of family and people nearby. – Some houses in the countryside have the habit of erecting very tall television antenna masts. This is one of the conductors that cause lightning to strike and transmit electricity very quickly. When there is a thunderstorm, the best way is to make a reversing circuit breaker to bring the signal from the antenna to the ground, or to design and install a lightning rod to ensure the safety of family and people nearby.
– If you are working at height at construction sites, factories, or high-rise buildings and encounter thunderstorms and dark clouds, you need to get down immediately. When you have to continue working, do not carry sharp iron bars or any metal objects because metal is easy to conduct electricity and is one of the objects with a strong "attraction" to lightning.
– Turn off household electrical appliances such as washing machines, air conditioners, televisions, microwave ovens, music players, computers, mobile phones, machines with electronic components, etc. to avoid Unfortunate damage that may occur.
– If your office or family is equipped with a lightning protection system, you should regularly check the operating status of these devices. Check the lightning voltage conductor from the lightning rod to the ground to see if it is broken, rusted, or not.
There are currently many companies on the market that specialize in providing lightning protection products such as lightning rods, direct lightning protection systems, surge protection, lightning rods, and so on. However, due to structure and terrain, each house and each project is different, so it is necessary to carefully consider and look at them to choose the right lightning protection company.
Most lightning protection companies offer lightning protection products but rarely offer solutions that are compatible with their products. For high efficiency, it is best to choose reputable companies, clear standards, and professional lightning protection systems. There, customers will be consulted and explained in a clear and easy-to-understand way, gaining views, assessments as well as lessons to deal with in the most timely manner when it rains, storms, and thunders.
All because of customer trust—that is always the motto of Global Electrical Engineering Joint Stock Company. With more than 16 years of experience in the field of electricity, electronics, and professional staff, Global ensures to bring prestigious products, perfect quality, and affordable prices. In addition, you can also be completely assured of Global's solutions as well as preferential treatment, after-sales support, warranty, installation, and maintenance.